Like to join?       
Start Here

Home     Forum     Roster     Downloads     Skins  

352nd Fighter Group Headquarters

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wed. night.  (Read 990 times)

Roller

• Major. 486th Fighter Squadron
  • Pilots
  • 352/487
Wed. night.
« on: March 30, 2016, 07:21:16 PM »

Hi guys,
tried both servers from 7pm est to 7:15pm est.
Could not connect. Spitty popped in here at 7pm
but then disappeared. No sign of Dbeav or Jack..... :'(

Oh well, please post for another time/try.

Roller

dBeav

• Secretarial Pool
    • Yankee Air Museum
Re: Wed. night.
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2016, 07:47:14 PM »

Internet oddities....
The three of us were in my TS server from 7 on

So let's work on getting this figured out.

Are you using the very latest version of TeamSpeak? Let's start there.

Roller

• Major. 486th Fighter Squadron
  • Pilots
  • 352/487
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2016, 04:58:46 AM »

Using latest version. 3.0.18.2
I can connect to TS main server. But not you guys.

24.127.145.152 password 'Bodney'
or

Roller

JJMcGarvey

• Command Staff
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2016, 09:44:26 PM »

On the whole, Wed night was our first meeting and all 4 of us tried to connect but only 3 succeded. Two of us communicated orally. It could have been better and it could have been worse. We are moving forward and that is what we want to do. I think that we ought to repeat the effort next Wed. Same time and place. I suggest that whenever roller gets the chance he can try to connect with my site and I will try to keep it up most of the time. If Roller has an idea of a specific time he can drop an email on me and I will make an extra effort to comply, I don't think that I show up on the server list. I may kill this install and try again with the ports all set and that sort of thing. I do want everybody to have the same capabilities,
Jacksprat ..AKA... J.J. McGarvey

THE BEST IS YET TO COME

JJMcGarvey

• Command Staff
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2016, 08:38:06 PM »

Lets try again. Same time Wed 7:00 PM EDT  or   12:00 PM GDT or 24:00 GDT as I think it is. I will check up and see what is really the proper way to reference it. We will use either dBeav's server or mine

THE BEST IS YET TO COME

Spitty

• Pilots
  • The Beatings will Continue until Moral Improves...
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2016, 05:22:14 PM »

Afternoon all...

I will not able to attend.  I'm too tired from today's festivities at work.  2 call in's - one Line Chef & myself got our behinds handed to us.

Sorry.

Spitty

JJMcGarvey

• Command Staff
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2016, 08:28:45 PM »

Lets see if we can stir up a little activity. We are now a group composed of four participating members; Spitty, Roller, dBeav and Jacksprat. We have not been involved in any on-line flying together since we announced the reactivation of the 352ndFG. We did achieve a 3 member meeting on Teamspeak, at the end of that session; dBeave and Jacksprat participated in an audio exchange. This was conducted using dBeav’s server. On that night Roller tried to join but he could not get entrance into that server. For about a week now, dBeav’s server seems to be on the air but I cannot connect with it. Roller sent me an E-mail telling me that he was able to connect with my server. I will suggest that each of us try to connect to each of the two servers and report the results.
The addresses for the servers are 98.114.249.90 for my server and 24.127.145.152 for dBeav’s server. I have no password for my server and the password for dBeav’s is Bodney. My server does not show up on the Server List and dBeav’s Server name is “352nd Fighter Group” in Mount Laurel New Jersey.  Think that we need to have reliable efficient communications if we want to be able to function effectively.

The next thing we need to work on is getting all of us having operating EAW installs that are compatable with each other. My original idea was to use the EAW.exe as it was before we got access to the source code. The situation as I see it is that we have 3 different versions of EAW in use at this time. This triad  is V1.2, Vi.28/29 and V 2.40. I do not wish to get involved in any sort of debate on the merits involved. My vision of the ideal situation for us as a group is to have the capability of using any of these versions whenever we would want to. I think that the General/Code group is now just about nonfunctional. What we have is pretty much all that we are ever going to have. Jelly makes adjustments to provide a solution or work-around for problems as they crop up but he is pretty much the only person who has the capacity to make major changes. I have installs of V1.2 with all of the OAW selectors etc. I have installs of 1.28 that I used to create P51d squads. I never did get a working install of V 1.40. I gave dbeave cd with EAW 1.2 and Oaw and he stated that he flew with it. I gave Spitty the same CD’s but he is having major living problems at this time. Roller has been flying on-line with V1.40 and is the person who can be considered the expert on that version. I think that we should make a decision as to what version we want to start with and begin to implement that decision.

I will try to put my server on each time I boot the system up. I will try to show up on Wed at 7:00 PM EDT.

I did my Taxes today and I can turn to other chores.

THE BEST IS YET TO COME

JJMcGarvey

• Command Staff
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2016, 04:11:14 PM »

I am wondering if there is going to be any sort of session this evening. I will be on tonight at 7:00 EDT. I will suggest that we try to concentrate on our communications. I have my server on and I am connected to it. I checked and dBeav’s server is not listed on the Server list. I will be checking back and forth between the two. I think that everyone has GameRanger installed on their system. I have it but I have not used it and if anyone is familiar with it, he can try to show us how to use it. Way back when I first started with the 352nd, we meet at a site named Kali and chatted there and then started the game from there. I imagine that this will be somewhat similar. Anyway, I hope to get something accomplished tonight.

THE BEST IS YET TO COME

dBeav

• Secretarial Pool
    • Yankee Air Museum
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2016, 05:48:00 PM »

I plan on being on at 7. I have my TS server up and running. I actually checked to make that is true, unlike last time.......
I will have some distractions so if I seem to disappear for a moment or two it's due to the new puppy that my wife just had to have.
What a pita. He is cute though and it's fun watching him and my cat wrestle.
Anyway, I'll get my GameRanger fired up as well. I think if you just scroll through the list and look for EAW you'll find it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up