Like to join?       
Start Here

Home     Forum     Roster     Downloads     Skins  

352nd Fighter Group Headquarters

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A bit of sick leave?  (Read 406 times)

JJMcGarvey

• Command Staff
A bit of sick leave?
« on: January 30, 2018, 06:20:17 PM »

Hey Guys,
I may have some difficulties in attendance for the next few months. I had a heart attack on Thursday. I am recovering nicely. I came home from the hospital today. I do not expect to be incapacitated but I do have to reorder my priorities a bit. Anything involved with recovery or health will come first. My first aim is to get all the holes and punctures on my body healed.
Jacksprat ..AKA... J.J. McGarvey

THE BEST IS YET TO COME

Ruski

• Pilots
Re: A bit of sick leave?
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2018, 08:40:47 PM »

Sorry to hear about that Jack....But glad to hear you are on the mend Take care of your self my friend I know how many holes they poke in you just for a stent,,,  You will be mentioned in my prayers..
   russ
« Last Edit: January 30, 2018, 08:43:01 PM by Ruski »
Semper Fi

Spitty

• Pilots
  • The Beatings will Continue until Moral Improves...
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2018, 04:55:52 PM »

Gotta slow down a little Jack...

Glad you're doing better.  Please take your time getting back to full health.  I had a triple bypass in 2010.  The doctor caught the blockages before I had a heart attack which was very lucky.

I completely changed my diet, exercise program, and life routine after the surgery.  It took me about 3 months to finally get my body acclimated but since then I have felt pretty darn good.

Take your time and don't get frustrated with the doctor's do's n don'ts.  Hopefully your holes will mend quickly from all the needles n such.  Take it slow and steady.

I wish you a very quick recovery and post every now and then if you feel up to it.

Take care my friend.

Spitty

dBeav

• Secretarial Pool
    • Yankee Air Museum
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2018, 05:35:18 PM »

Damn I gotta start checking in more often.
Hope you're doing well Jack.
If there is anything I can do please let me know.

JJMcGarvey

• Command Staff
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2018, 05:21:14 PM »

I is very weak like Col Beave and I may be fading fast (gasp, cough, gasp). Your kind words bring a bit of cheer to this tired , worn out old body of mine. I seems to recolect those sweet words whens I feels myself kind of slipping away. "If there is anything I can do please let me know."
My dying wish is to see yore ugly pelt in my gun sight and watch the tracers spill yore stinking innards all over the sky. If you were to show up and let that happen it would be like the finest tonic that the medicine arts can conjure up. 

The situation is that I am recovering very nicely and i have been encouraged to be active. Two weeks ago I was sitting in my living room and watching my wife carry in the groceries so that we could have her drive me to the emergency room. They put a lot of tubes into me and installed 3 stents. I was walking around the room the next day. Whenever I could get them to disconnect the tubes and wires, I was strolling up and down the halls. One of the nurses told me that I was the oldest guy in the unit and the most physically active. Today when the wife came back from the market, I carried all the groceries in as I usually do. In about another week and a half I should be seeing the cardiologist and I hope to resume my regular exercise schedule. The wife has me on a spartan health diet and I finally lost the last weight that I was trying to shed. I have now reached the same weight that I was at 61 years ago when I was discharged from the army at the age of 21. I now tip the scales at a slim trim 150 lbs. On Sunday I will be taking part in the last day of our Railroad Club's open house season. The funny thing is that during the heart attack and the treatment afterwards I never felt one twinge of pain. The only pain involved was when a young nurse attempted to remove a bandage from my arm by pulling swiftly and firmly. She managed to create a 2 inch loose flap of skin. That smarted like hell. The other funny thing was that I never felt the least fear or dread or concern from the time that I first started feeling the symptoms until I was wheeled out of the operating room. I have a strong spiritual belief system and it seemed to hold up under the test.

Thanks for all the kind words. I am still in the business of living and loving. I am surprised that my body is still working fairly well. I sure as hell got my money's worth out of this pathetic collection of bones and hide and assorted slimy tubes and organs. When I get my computer room and workshop tidied up a bit I will try to get some more EAW practice flying in. 
« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 05:26:23 PM by JJMcGarvey »

THE BEST IS YET TO COME

dBeav

• Secretarial Pool
    • Yankee Air Museum
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2018, 08:07:52 PM »

My dying wish is to see yore ugly pelt in my gun sight and watch the tracers spill yore stinking innards all over the sky. If you were to show up and let that happen it would be like the finest tonic that the medicine arts can conjure up. 

You got it Jack. I'll be sure and have my hiney available for you to view and chase around on Monday night.

:)

JJMcGarvey

• Command Staff
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2018, 11:25:12 AM »

I will be online this evening

Finished dinner and washed the dishes. 6:20 and here I am
« Last Edit: February 12, 2018, 06:21:55 PM by JJMcGarvey »

THE BEST IS YET TO COME

Jel

• Guests
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2018, 03:10:50 AM »

Good to hear that you are recovering Jack  ;D
I have been away in Australia for two months, finally getting home last weekend, so I am just catching up.
I did not have access to the 352nd site while I was away.

Cheers

Tony

JJMcGarvey

• Command Staff
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2018, 06:19:52 PM »

Thanks for the good wishes. I am in a bit of a limbo until I get to see the cardiologist and find out how much damage the blockage did to my heart. I have some reason to believe that the damage was light but that may be a bit of wishful thinking. I have resumed exercising at a reduced pace. Yesterday my walk took 45 minutes, today was 40. I will pick up the pace as I recover condition but I am not in a hurry. My calisthenics are down to 5 repetitions. Next week I may start increasing that. I intend to go to the pool on Friday. I may test out the snorkel that my wife gave me for Christmas. Life is a series of challenges and one way or the other they must be faced

THE BEST IS YET TO COME
Pages: [1]   Go Up