Home     Forum     Roster     Downloads     Skins  

352nd Fighter Group Headquarters

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: Today at 10:24:06 AM 
Started by dBeav - Last post by JJMcGarvey
I will not be able to make it tonight. Number 2 son is coming over to help me move my train platform from the garage to the living room. Christmas is coming on fast.

on: December 11, 2017, 05:07:34 PM 
I wasn't sure until now if I would be available. All is clear and I checked into the Bodney TS. I put up the last part of our outdoor light decorations. Over the years, I have worked it out to a simple do-able routine. Our house is a row house and on the first or main floor we have a large picture window sort of arrangement. On the upper floor there are two windows in our bedroom. I have the lights and artificial greenery fastened to wooden frames. The wife stands in the driveway and I lean out of the upper windows and drop a nylon line to her and she wraps it on the frame and fastens it with a hook closure and I pull it up hand over hand. I unfasten it and pull it into the window space and tighten built –in screws to hold it snug. With the large picture window, the wife raises one corner and I pull it up and swing it into the window opening and fasten it with the tightening screws. On the second floor she swings the electric cord on the far window in large arcs and when it finally swings in front of me I plug those two windows together and drop the other electric line down to the first floor and Plug them all int an outlet. No ladders are used and it all gets put up by an 82 year old man assisted by his 77-year-old wife. I bought the Tree last week and that is standing in a bucket of water in the back yard. On Wed night my # 2 son will help me move our platform from the garage to the living room. Thursday, I will start to clean the platform and test all the trains. When the trains run satisfactorily, I put the tree on the platform and decorate it. Then comes all of the buildings and cars and peope and the train cars etc etc. I used to do all the platform stuff on Christmas eve after the lids went to bed. I still like to do that sort of thing. It is my way of staying young inside my head. My body has aged but my mind hasn’t.

It is getting close to TV game time. I will go upstairs and check again when Jeopardy is over I have been practicing a bit lately. Some things got better. I think that is what is supposed to happen.

on: December 07, 2017, 05:32:43 AM 
Started by dBeav - Last post by dBeav
I fiddled with my AV and I "think" I have stopped it from deleting eaw.exe every time it crashed. I was also able to reinstall DirectPlay.
I ran a game on GR this morning with no problems, but then again I was alone.

I still need to rebuild my ini file after which I will be ready for some testing.
I'll just wait until Monday and we can give it a shot if anyone is available.

on: December 06, 2017, 05:04:05 PM 
I just tuned into your Teamspeak. I will check things at about 5:45 & 6:30. I don't expect anybody so I will be heading for the TV when it gets near to 7:00.I had a bit of a successful day involving one of my "FAVORITE" activities---PLUMBING! The cold water faucet on the shower/bath was out of kilter. I went to lowes ( Wife just called me to dinner) I couldn't find the part but a sales person gave me the location of a plumping supply place and I got it there. That is a really good place to know about. The malfunction is fixed. I am getting ready to do the dishes and I will stop back in.

on: December 05, 2017, 06:54:56 AM 
Well I pulled the hard drives from my ailing rig last night and stuck them in the working one. Many fits and starts later and windows seems to have figured it out. Lots of driver installs later and it's looking good.

The next step (if I decide to keep going with this) will be to pull the motherboard out of the working machine and stick it in a larger case so I can use the new video card. I'm about 50/50 with that right now. I may just ride it out as is for a bit.

on: December 04, 2017, 08:39:45 PM 
Damn,
I checked when I finished the dishes and noting seemed to be on and I went and watched the jeopardy games. I am trying to get into daily practice but I always have a lot of things on my plate. Maybe I will start to fall into step and it will become automatic. It can happen! sometimes I surprise myself.

on: December 04, 2017, 06:53:08 PM 
I'm on for a little bit. If nobody makes that's ok.

I continue to have issues with my new rig. The fun part is that it's a different problem each time I fire it up. So, I think I'll take this working PC and cannibalize it, add the pieces parts that I want from the persnickety machine and end up creating a super computer!! (Note: the previous statement may have been embellished for dramatic effect)

on: December 04, 2017, 04:14:44 PM 
I will assume that there is nobody who is planning to fly tonight!

on: December 04, 2017, 11:41:27 AM 
Ya IP 68.42.201.176 should work.
Connect using "352FG" as the nickname should work.
And, connect using ts.turma.net as the host should now work as well.

Kind of like that old line about skinning a cat.
:)

on: December 03, 2017, 06:29:07 PM 
I just checked out your T.S. site. Your IP has changed. I put in the correct IP and made the connection just fine.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10