Like to join?       
Start Here

Home     Forum     Roster     Downloads     Skins  

352nd Fighter Group Headquarters

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Picking up where I left off  (Read 123 times)

JJMcGarvey

• Command Staff
Picking up where I left off
« on: March 06, 2019, 02:06:41 PM »

Hey Guys,
It seems like I hit it right on the head

My Wife’s departure seems to be a watershed in my life and all the events previous to that seem to be far in the past and don’t automatically pop up in my memory.

The next was posted just before my wife died September 08, 2018

I will try to keep you updated on my efforts to get back the ability to fly EAW on-line with the group. I will use this tread and just edit this posting as I move step by step. I have removed the Hard Drive from my Optiplex system and cloned the ‘C’ drive and placed the new clone into the Optiplex system. I am going to hook it up now and test it out. I will update this posting with the results.

STEP 2
I got the system to boot up OK and everything seems to be working fine. I am having a little trouble with what seems to be a tendency to be swapping EAW. Ini files. I am not going to mess with that right now. My major concern is to see if I can install the Windows 7 OS from the cd that I have. I going to put that in the drive and reboot and see what I end up getting. My goal right now is to get a working TS installed. I hope that Beave has his on-line.
Step 2b   I am glad that I used the clone install route. The copy that I have of Win 7 is supposed to be with new systems. When I tried to upgrade from XP to Win 7 it said that it is not possible to do so. I am trying the other choice and it indicates that my previous files may not be included in the new install. I still have the original drive with its installed operating system intact and it can be placed back into the system. It is always nice to know that you have an undo route available.

Step 3
I ended up with a windows 7 OS installed and none of my files saved, I am not sure if I want to save this install or try to redo it with more hard drive capacity. I was not able to go the upgrade route. As of now, I will take a break and think it over some more.

I got the original Optiplex Hard Drive and cloned it again on the drive that was carrying the non-working and the working installs Win7 installs. I put the clone back in the Optiplex computer and now I have 2 XP systems that run EAW to a somewhat acceptable level. I will buy a used system with WIN 10 installed and try to put a working install of teamspeak on that and see how it works out. Then I will try to get a good performing install of EAW on that system. I will probably try to put a caddy setup on that new system
« Last Edit: March 06, 2019, 02:13:09 PM by JJMcGarvey »
Jacksprat ..AKA... J.J. McGarvey

THE BEST IS YET TO COME

dBeav

• Secretarial Pool
    • Yankee Air Museum
Re: Picking up where I left off
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2019, 02:18:35 PM »

Looks like I need to get my TS server fired up!

JJMcGarvey

• Command Staff
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2019, 06:18:32 PM »

Well at the rate that I have been moving you might have a few months to spare
Jacksprat ..AKA... J.J. McGarvey

THE BEST IS YET TO COME

dBeav

• Secretarial Pool
    • Yankee Air Museum
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2019, 09:45:37 AM »

It may take me that long to push the button on it.  :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up