Like to join?       
Start Here

Home     Forum     Roster     Downloads     Skins  

352nd Fighter Group Headquarters

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 20-20 Vision  (Read 84 times)

JJMcGarvey

• Command Staff
20-20 Vision
« on: November 21, 2019, 08:42:32 PM »

Hello Spitty & Hello Jelly,
    I named this thread as 20-20 Vision as a bit of a word play on the coming New Year and as perhaps a view of a new opening area of EAW activity. Spitty’s posting seems to be susceptible to 2 interpretations.  The first is that he is presently unemployed and enjoys new leisure or that he intends to change his present employer. The next interpretation is that he is indicating that he would like to start setting up contacts and getting into sync with each other. Great Idea!!!  I am all in favor of it. There is one little existing condition that we will have to take into consideration….I will not be ready for full participation until probably the middle of January. That is another reason for the word play on the subject name. I will give a full explanation in due time.
    Here is the situation with my EAW installs; I have EAW v1, 2 and EAW v150 (the same version that we used when we were last flying together) installed and working. I still need to do some adjusting on the INI file but that is a minor matter. I have Team Speak installed and I have been able to connect with open servers, I haven’t made any actual vocal tests yet.  I can setup Gameranger after we start communicating. I did download the last version of EAW 160 but I haven’t tried to install it yet.  I think that it might work out best to start the initial contact via E-mail. We can set up a time and meet on this site and start into getting our teamspeak connection working.  Once we get that working, we can meet on there.  I have no idea about what teamspeak servers we can use. Maybe Beav can still power his up.
    On my next postings, I will try to give you a full understanding of what my problems are concerning time allocations.  It is good to get in contact with you guys again. I think that some sort of Jelly/evening & Jack/afternoon sessions are quite doable.  Again, Good to hear from you
Jacksprat ..AKA... J.J. McGarvey

THE BEST IS YET TO COME

Jel

• Guests
Re: 20-20 Vision
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2019, 03:22:57 AM »

Great!

Spitty

• Pilots
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2019, 04:03:49 PM »

Afternoon all -

Jack / Jelly -

My current situation is that I'm unemployed by choice at the moment.  I'm currently seeking new avenues and also interviewing with select employers but I do not think anything will present itself until mid December.

I have game ranger and team speak already installed.  I have not used them in forever so any passwords needed to enter game rooms and/or channels to play in I would need all the bells n whistles to get connected again.

I have the v150 we used to play still installed - I do not have any other version and would need some refresh time on that to make sure it works correctly.

A dedicated meeting time to get our ducks in a row would probably be needed as stated in your post.

I'm pretty much available anytime right now - of course this might change as my job search progresses.

Let's move forward as best we can.

Spitty

Jel

• Guests
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2019, 07:17:58 AM »

I am still flying with ShoGun at GameRanger using a 160 set-up, and I would like to use that one for any 352nd flights.
Just as a reminder Ray extended the range of weapons which we had for 150, but to accommodate some of the new ones a few of the old ones were deleted. This meant that some of the set-ups using the new weapons files might not be compatible with the previous 150 files.
150 never used CDF files, and the "savedata" folder was used to store the default files, including the default weapons files.
My solution to the possible inequality problem was to create 160 which uses the "gamedata" folder for the default files.
When it was done 150 and 160 were essentially the same in all other ways.
However, I have done a lot more work on the 160 exe, and it now has many more features than the original version had. Hence I prefer to use 160.
My 160 GameRanger folder has the 352nd planeset in it, so what I suggest is that I make a working download with the essential 352nd stuff in it, but with the 160 exes, and the latest versions of the utility files. You would then be able to use that folder as your GameRanger folder, and it would be compatible for online play with my much bigger folder. This would allow me to just have the one "GameRanger" folder for my online gaming :)

Jel

• Guests
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2019, 10:57:00 AM »

I went ahead and did it anyway  :D

http://www.mediafire.com/file/x20umdz3c1lcakz/352nd160GameRanger.exe/file

Downloading and running the 7-zip self-installer will create a stand-alone "352nd160 GameRanger" folder with two theatres and the default 352nd planeset.

The installer is  300 MB and the bulk of it is the "GameData" folder with the default files.

JJMcGarvey

• Command Staff
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2019, 03:06:18 PM »

Greetings and salutations,
     I am back with Part 2 of my essay of explanations and lame excuses for any and all of my anticipated failures to perform in a reasonably efficient manner. On my last birthday I had reached 84 years of age. My #1 son likes to say to me, “Dad, most of the men your age are dead and buried.  I have done an incredibly lot of incredibly stupid things in those 84 years. Twenty-two years ago my darling daughter Sheila told me, “Dad, if you continue to go on this way, you might live 2 more years.” I knew that she was telling me the truth. I decided to stop living stupid and start living smart. The first step was to get off the booze and the smokes. I got into learning how to live in control of my thoughts and emotions. I acquired new positive values and practices. I got rid of destructive habits of living. I found out that you can continue to learn and grow for your entire life. Later on I was diagnosed with emphysema. The pulmonologist sent me to a pulmonary rehab course. I learned things and most importantly, I started to exercise under medical supervision. I continued to exercise and expanded the practice after I finished the course. I now exercise about 70 minutes a day, five days a week. I mow the grass in the summertime and shovel the snow in the winter. I get out of bed in the morning and spend time in meditation and prayer and then I go out and briskly walk 2 miles 4 days a week and swim laps on the 5th day. I am in good shape physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually. I intend to do my best to stay that way.
    A year ago last September my wife died. We had been married close to 58 years. We had met over 60 years before. We were a well matched couple. Her death did not cause me great sorrow or grief. .  I loved her deeply, I miss her deeply.  I had periods of deep suicidal depression during my alcoholism. I learned how to control my emotions. I have no desire to sink back into that sort of abyss.  I think about the joy that I felt in her company. That had to end and I accept that.
    My wife was very organized. She was very good at managing our household. She allowed me to be the dominant one. We were partners. I was the decisive one, she was the organizer. It worked out very smoothly. I never realized that it was her managing skills that allowed me to play with my trains and computers. I realize that now.
    The past year has been a crash course in learning the skills that she seemed to have possessed from childhood. I have learned how to cook. Launder, clean and shop. The living areas are presentable. The flower beds didn’t get completely over run with weeds.  My workshop / garage and computer rooms are absolute disasters.  Serious character flaws of mine have lurked in my personality background for years. I am a procrastinator, a packrat, a hoarder, a general slob and a miser.  I am seriously inefficient because my working environment is completely disordered.
     My oldest son is now living with me.  There are space allocations that must be adjusted. Here is the system that I must put in place.  My work/shop garage has had a system of location addressing created. This s will allow me to store all my tools and supplies so that I can readily access them and put them back when I am finished.  I must go through all my equipment and supplies and ruthlessly discard everything that cannot justify taking up scarce storage space. This will be a massive undertaking. As I put things away, I must create a cross index so that they can easily be found when needed. I have already rearranged my bedroom furniture. My computer desk and computers will be moved to my bedroom. I have tested out my laptop and that can pick up the WI-FI signal in that location. I have Christmas coming up. I put up a large tree on a 4’ x 8’ platform with 3 trains and a town on it. I will be hosting the family dinner gathering. I keep all the holiday trimmings up until after Jan. 6th. Then my 3 sons and I will rent a truck and move my #1 sons train layout from his house to here where my computers now are.
     SO!!!!  .. I do not think that I will be able to devote much time or effort concerning EAW or the 352FG until after the middle of JAN 2020. Hopefully I will be able to set up my system and we will have compatibility at that time,

THE BEST IS YET TO COME

JJMcGarvey

• Command Staff
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2019, 03:55:00 PM »

I downloaded the  EAW 160 (352)version that Jelly posted here. I installed it  It took a little bit of tinkering but I was able to get it started. I need to install my INI file.
I went into my TeamSpeak install and checked out 2 sites. One was the 352 FG virtual Assoc site. That doesn’t use a password and I recognized the name of the guy that talked us into joining that grouping. No one was using it and I would not hesitate to use it to get started. The other site is the SimHq site and that uses a pass word. I had no probles getting onto that

THE BEST IS YET TO COME

Jel

• Guests
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2019, 03:29:49 AM »

Good to know that things are working ;)

I will be having a busy RL time too. My daughter Milli, her husband Jack and my grandchildren Leo and Elsie arrive from Australia on the 5th along with Jack's parents. They will be here for a month. We are all having a snow trip to the Alps on the 14th-21st, Then Dani's son,  his wife Lucille, their daughter and their border collie with stay a few days at Christmas time. At Christmas dinner a number of Lucille's relatives will join us too.
Pages: [1]   Go Up